Marc Gasol Saez, aka Marc Gasol, was a Spanish professional basketball player who was born on January 29, 1985, in Barcelona, Spain. He is currently a member of the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association (NBA). In fact, he has been playing professionally and nationally since 2006.
Early Life of Marc Gasol
Marc Gasol Saez aka Marc Gasol was born on January 29, 1985 in Barcelona, Spain to Agusti Gasol and Marisa Saez. He has two brothers, Pau Gasol and Adria Gasol.
He will be 35 years old in 2020 and born under the sign of Aquarius. His nationality is Spanish, and his ethnicity is Mixed. In terms of education, he attended Lausanne Collegiate School.
Estimated Net Worth of Marc Gasol
According to sources, Marc Gasol’s net worth was estimated to be $50 million as of 2020. However, his salary is unknown.
Who is Marc Gasol Wife?
In terms of his personal life, he married Cristina Blesa on August 7, 2013, in Girona, a city in northeastern Catalonia, Spain, next to the River Onya. As a result, the couple has a daughter named Julia Gasol Blesa.
Body Measurement of Marc Gasol
Marc Gasol is a Spanish basketball player who stands 6 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 116 kg.
Marc Gasol’s Professional Career
- Gasol began his career in the Spanish League with Girona in 2006, and in 2008, he was named the ACB Most Valuable Player.
- Following that, he was selected with the 48th overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Marc moved from the Lakers to the Memphis Grizzlies on February 1st, 2008, and signed with them on July 9th, 2008.
- Similarly, he averaged 11.9 points and 7.4 rebounds as a rookie, and he averaged 14.6 points and 9.3 rebounds in 2009-10, with a career-best. 581 field goal percentage.
- Similarly, Gasol set records of 15.0 points, 11.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 2.15 blocks while leading the Grizzlies to a 13-game run in the 2011 NBA Playoffs.
- On December 14, 2011, he signed a four-year contract extension with the Memphis Grizzlies worth $58 million.
- A left MCL sprain suffered on November 22nd against the San Antonio Spurs sidelined him for 23 games from November 25th to January 12th.
- Marc averaged a career-high 17.4 points, 7.8 rebounds, and 3.8 assists for the 55-win Memphis Grizzlies in 2014-15.
- On July 13, 2015, he resigned from a 5-year extension contract with the Grizzlies worth $110 million.
- In addition, on June 26th, 2019, he chose to join the Toronto Raptors by exercising his $25.6 million player option for the 2019-20 season.
- Gasol’s teams included the Oklahoma City Thunder, the San Antonio Spurs, the Houston Rockets, and the New Orleans Pelicans during his basketball career. Toronto Raptors, Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Clippers, Charlotte Holmes, New York Knicks, and Golden State Warriors
- Marc also competed for Spain in the FIBA World Championship, where he won a gold medal (2009, 2011 FIBA), a silver medal (2007 FIBA, 2008 and 2012 Olympics), and a bronze medal (2013, 2017 FIBA).
- In addition, he won his second World Cup title at the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup.